General Information for Aten
Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch, Scaling matrix switcher, 4096 x 2160 pixels, Black, Metal, Buttons, Rotary, 14.93 W
Product Key Features
• Multi-format AV Switching: Switch among 1 HDBaseT 2 HDMI and 1 VGA inputs to 1 HDBaseT and 1 HDMI outputs and support of audio DSP.
• HDBaseT-Lite Technology: Extends uncompressed AV IR RS-232 and power over one Cat 6/6a cable up to 70m.
• Superior Video Quality: True 4K resolutions up to 4096 x [email protected] 60Hz (4:4:4) (HDMI) / 4096 x [email protected] 60Hz (4:2:0) (HDBaseT); HDR support.
• Scaler: supports video upscaling to 4K for display A and downscaling to 1080p for display B.
The VP1421 is a multi-in-one presentation switch that integrates a video matrix True 4K scaler HDBaseT extender audio DSP and analog-to-digital converter functions into a single compact enclosure ideal for meeting rooms and educational spaces.
True 4K HDR Visual Clarity
Supports resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz (4:4:4) and HDR to deliver vivid content in every presentation.
Smooth AV Switching Scaled to Perfection
Connect up to 4 sources (1 HDBaseT 2 HDMI 1 VGA) smoothly switch between them and display contents scaled perfectly to True 4K and 1080p simultaneously.
HDBaseT Extended Transmission over One Cable
Simplifies cabling and transmits AV power and bi-directional RS-232 and IR control signals up to 140m via Cat 6/6a or ATEN 2L-2910 Cat 6 cables (applying both HDBaseT input and output ports).
Built-in Advanced Audio DSP
Supports microphone input with selectable 48V Phantom Power and allows microphone input to be mixed with program audio and embedded into display output while automatically reducing program audio to enhance speech audibility.
Flexible Audio Embedding/De-Embedding
Supports stereo audio embedding into HDMI output or separation to Audio Line Out and Optical Audio Out. Extract HDMI and HDBaseT audio to different audio outputs as well to ease adaptation to you preferred audio setup.
Versatile Control Streamlined Operations
Control via front-panel pushbuttons IR remote web-based GUI and any control interface via RS-232 Ethernet and Contact Closure to streamline your operations.
Product Package Contents
• 1x VP1421 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch.
• 1x IR Receiver.
• 1x IR Remote Control.
• 4x 3-pole Terminal Blocks.
• 2x 5-pole Terminal Blocks.
• 1x Power Adapter.
• 1x User Instructions.
More Product Key Features
Analog/Digital AV Matrix Switching
• Supports Multi-Format 4 Inputs: 2 HDMI 1 HDBaseT and 1 VGA inputs.
• 1 HDMI and 1 HDBaseT outputs.
• Audio Embeddin: Stereo audio can be embedded into display output or separated to stereo line out and optical audio outputs.
• Audio De-Embedding: HDMI/HDBaseT audio can be extracted to stereo line out.
• Built-in Audio DSP: Supports microphone input with selectable 48V Phantom Power and allows microphone input to be mixed with program audio and embedded into display output.
• Automatically reduces program audio when a microphone signal is detected.
• Auto Switching: Automatically detects and switches to a new source as soon as it is connected.
High-definition Video with Optimum Output
• Superior Video Quality: True 4K resolutions up to 4096 x [email protected] 60Hz (4:4:4) (HDMI) / 4096 x [email protected] 60Hz (4:2:0) (HDBaseT).
• Supports 4K HDR.
• Scaler: Supports video upscaling to 4K for display A and downscaling to 1080p for display B.
• EDID Expert: Automatically selects the optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up high-quality display and the best video resolution across connected devices.
• HDMI 2.0 (3D Deep Color 4K); HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Versatile Streamlined Operation
• Multiple Control Options: Flexible control via front-panel pushbuttons IR remote control RS-232 and web-based GUI through Ethernet.
• View and control via ATEN Video Presentation Control App in a swift and agile way.
• Bi-directional RS-232 and IR channel: Allows AV device control over HDBaseT connection without additional cabling.
• Supports stand-by mode for power saving and fast waking up.
• Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) support.
• Built-in Contact in and LED out for keypad control using VPK104 Contact Closure Remote Pad.
Extended Transmission over One Cable
• Long-Distance Transmission: transmit digital AV signal bi-directional RS-232 and IR control signals up to 140m* via Cat 6/6a or ATEN 2L-2910 Cat 6 cables.
• Power Over HDBaseT (POH): Remote powering over existing communication cable with selectable powering device
Note: This is achieved using both the HDBaseT In and the HDBaseT Out ports on the VP1421 each extending the transmission up to 70m.
• Interfaces: 2 x HDMI Type A female (Black) 1 x VGA (HDB-15) Female (Blue) 1 x HDBaseT (RJ-45) Female (Silver) with selectable PoH.
• Max. Distance: HDMI: [email protected] 60Hz (4:4:4) at 5m; [email protected] 30Hz at 10m; [email protected] 60Hz at 15m VGA: [email protected] 60Hz at 15m
HDBaseT: [email protected] 30Hz at 35m (Cat 5e/6) / 40m (Cat 6a/ATEN 2L-2910 Cat6); [email protected] 60Hz at 60m (Cat 5e/6) / 70m (Cat 6a/ATEN 2L-2910 Cat6)
• Interfaces: 1 x HDMI Type A female (Black) 1 x HDBaseT (RJ-45) Female (Silver) with selectable PoH.
• Max. Distance: HDMI: [email protected] 60Hz (4:4:4) at 5m; [email protected] 30Hz at 10m; [email protected] 60Hz at 15m HDBaseT: [email protected] 30Hz at 35m (Cat 5e/6) / 40m (Cat 6a/ATEN 2L-2910 Cat6);[email protected] 60Hz at 60m (Cat 5e/6) / 70m (Cat 6a/ATEN 2L-2910 Cat6).
• Max. Resolution: HDMI: Up to 4096 x 2160 / 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (4:4:4) VGA: Up to [email protected] 60Hz HDBaseT: Up to 4096 x 2160 / 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz (4:2:0) ; Up to 4096 x 2160 / 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz (4:4:4).
• Compliance: HDMI 2.0 (3D Deep Color 4K); 4K HDR HDCP 2.2 Compatible; Consumer Electronics Control (CEC).
• Input: Stereo Audio (HDMI/HDBT): 1 x mini stereo Jack female (Green) Stereo Audio (VGA): 1 x mini stereo Jack female (Green) Microphone: 1 x 6.3mm Jack connector (with selectable phantom power).
• Output: Line Out (Unbalanced): 1 x Captive Screw Connector 3-pole Optical Audio: 1 x Toslink (Black).
• RS-232: 1 x Captive Screw Connector 3-pole.
• IR:1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black).
• Ethernet:1 x RJ-45 Female (Silver).
• Contact In: 1 x Captive Screw Connector 5-pole.
• LED Out:1 x Captive Screw Connector 5-pole LED out power: +5 VDC 0.2 A.
• IR Channel: HDBaseT In : 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black) HDBaseT Out : 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black).
• RS-232 Channel: HDBaseT In : 1 x Captive Screw Connector 3-pole HDBaseT Out : 1 x Captive Screw Connector 3-pole.
• Power: 1 x Pushbutton (LED: Green / Orange) 1 x Slide Switch (+48V Phantom Power) 1 x Slide Switch (PoH).
• Video Input Port Selection: 4 x Pushbutton (LED: Green).
• Video Output Port Selection: 2 x Pushbutton (LED: Orange).
• Selection: Mic: 1 x Knob Volume: 1 x Knob Mode / Unlock: 1 x Pushbutton.
• EDID Mode: ATEN Default / Display A / Remix.
• Power: 1 x DC Jack (Black).
• Operating Temperature: 0-40?C.
• Storage Temperature: -20 - 60?C.
• Humidity: 0 - 80% RH Non-Condensing.
• Housing: Metal.
• Weight: 1.16 kg ( 2.56 lb ).
• Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.00 x 17.01 x 4.40 cm (7.87 x 6.7 x 1.73 in.).
• 3 pcs.
• For some of rack mount products please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format.
|VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity||1 |
© Manufacturer Supplied Images
Please note, these images are supplied by the manufacturer and are for illustration purposes only. If you have any queries about this product, please contact us and we will be happy to help. Buy Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch with PayPal
Buy Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch online with confidence, security and peace of mind. All transactions are covered under the PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection programme.
- 100% Genuine Product
- Quzo 21 Day Returns Policy - T&C Apply
- All Official Packaging
- All Applicable Guarantee(s)
- Instruction Manuals and Documentation (where applicable)
- Email when item is despatched.
4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch
Further details for this product, 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch, can be found at the manufacturer website. Please note, these web addresse(s) are supplied by 3rd parties, Quzo is not responsible for the content.
4 x 2, HDMI, VGA, HDBaseT (RJ-45), HDCP, 200x170.1x44 mm
Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch. Product type: Scaling matrix switcher, Maximum resolution: 4096 x 2160 pixels. Housing colour: Black, Housing material: Metal, Control type: Buttons, Rotary. Power consumption (typical): 14.93 W. Width: 170.1 mm, Depth: 200 mm, Height: 44 mm
Initial Release Date: 18/01/2020
Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch Specifications
|Product Type||Scaling matrix switcher
|Aten 4 x 2 True 4K Presentation Matrix Switch
|High Dynamic Range (HDR) supported||Y
|4096 x 2160 Pixels
|Ports & interfaces|
Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports
|VGA (D-Sub) input ports||1
|HDMI input ports quantity||2
|RJ-45 input ports||1
|RJ-45 output ports||1
|Remote (IR) input||1
|HDMI output ports quantity||1
|Remote (IR) output||1
Power consumption (typical)
|Weight & dimensions|
Extended display identification data (EDID)
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 40 C
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 60 C
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 80%
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 80%
Remote Control Included
|AC adapter included||Y
|IR receiver included||Y
21 Days Return Policy
We want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we understand that you may wish to return items.
Items can be returned direct to us within 21 days from the day of dispatch for a refund or exchange.
To qualify for this, the product must not have been worn, and be in brand new condition. You must return all the original packaging, instructions, guarantee and any extras.
All technology / electrical items including but not restricted to TVs, laptops, tablets etc must be still in their original packaging with the manufacturer seals still in tact. We are unable to accept returns for products which have been opened and/or used.
Questions and Answers
Does this product support 3D?
Yes, this product supports 3D.
Ask a question
You can ask a question about this particular product and we will email you the answer. The answer will then be posted here to assist other shoppers.
Click here to ask a question about this product.